Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Glamourous Life Jarrah wood The Breeze Way

Another picture from the Australia files... from a sketch of the same model, combined with furniture from one house and the breeze way of another. 16"x16"

The first time I saw a pomegranate growing on a tree was in Australia. The fruit was cracking open and falling off. The girl from the far-er north is standing there in a titter on the matter. These things are expensive in Edmonton! Mya.
There is such a rich lushness, even in the winter, for those few miles in from the coast. The earth is reds, ochres, and sands.

(I will do this one again.. her hip or the lighting is off on this one. or perhaps more shading is needed for the thigh... I like to re do a painting a few years later. It is interesting what differences have occurred in the triangle of understanding - the eye, hand, and the 'essence of what' that co ordinates them.)

(in other news...blue eye shadow is all the thing if one is a Red Queen. Finger on the pulse for fashion fantasy! check out the any every day ordinary miracle blog...the link is just on the sidebar, for a review of Alice in Wonderland)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, My!!! I LOVE this painting!!! So much color and life! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these dramatic colors. When I first saw it I thought it was a large painting. I think this would be incredible in a 4' sq. format. Maybe your second one.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful color and 'joy of life' in this piece- beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete