Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Glamourous Life -Artist Challenge -Beholder

This week's phrase to make visual on http://www.theartistchallenge.com/ is, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. or the imagination of the beholder. 'day dream' is an image that holds some of the comment. You know... writing about the meaning of my paintings is such a no go for me. I will use the analogy of Isadora Duncan's quote...'If I could tell you what it meant, there would be no point in dancing it.' Or painting it, in this instance.


It is Acrylic on Canvas 16"x16" and for sale... $640.00 Canadian Dollars plus Shipping and Handling


The jewelery making results. I felt compelled to go to The Precious Gems store after wondering through the Art Gallery Alberta, again, with friends interested in the sculptures of Degas... The armature is very important in the casting you know! and I noticed some of the earrings on display at the Gift Shop, at which I spent only time and not money. There are designer bags made of bicycle tires spliced together and sewn to leather. Books!! and toys and Jewelery! Stainless steel rings with marvelous profiles. Earrings... Which reminded me that I had some ideas of earrings I would like... So here are the jewelery making results.

Red bamboo coral & Silver findings!

3 comments:

  1. Quite dreamy! Lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the expression on her face... Great painting!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine! That painting is phenomenal! I think an artist paints from his or her emotions, don't you? It is often hard to articulate them and that they can come out in a painting is just exquisite. I love this painting, truly. It appeals to me on many levels (the colors too). I have often wanted to try making jewelry just because the beads (I especially love the glass or crystal beads) are so beautiful. Your work proves my point!

    ReplyDelete