Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Glamourous Life - Cheerfulness

Cheerfulness as a state of supreme well being and good spirits.

Today's quote is from tonight's CBC Ideas programme
-part 2 of

'the Pleasures of the Flesh' Gilbert Reid (the real spelling of his name)

'You cannot arrange for happiness. You CAN arrange for pleasure. I make many of these arrangements'

Catherine Deneuve
(not English)



jouissance- a keen and deep pleasure.

Now this can be arranged by many things. Beauty through any of the senses, can do this.


Photos

Cheerfulness (6"x6" acrylic mixed medium on canvas hardboard. $119.00 available!)

Ice on the fire wood






Today's cheerful music courtesy of the vinyl and CD collection of E.Schmidt who didn't even know that cheerfuness was today's image. LOVE it.

.



Virtuoso Mandolins

vivaldi scarlatti

old Italian court dances.

AND

Romeo and Juliet

Prokofiev

-the dance of the knights-

1 comment:

  1. Your last line caught my eye, Earthula. My immediate thought was that this painting - I love the colors by the way! - reminds me of the Russian dancers. Exquisite and I love the joy I hear and see filtering back into you poste trip!

    ReplyDelete